Friday, March 13, 2009

Vegas in April?

Was originally planning a trip with non-poker playing friends towards the end of April, but a plan that originally would've worked out well with a cruise in the Caribbeans quickly went down the drain. Started with the person who first threw around the idea of the trip having an unexpected late exam, turning the cruise into a possible trip to Vegas - and now she is most likely going to miss the entire trip altogether.

As with typical group of friends, usually when one person drops out, especially the one who was behind most of the "group gathering", it is very likely that more will drop out. Sitting where we are right now, I'm not even sure what is going to happen.

With that said, I've considered taking this into my own hands by ensuring I get to go somewhere before the start of the next school term in May. After reading through the poker forums, I THINK I'm going to be checking the prices of flights to Vegas from April 12 to April 15. Playing a few tournaments along the way. I mean ideally I would go to Monte Carlo for the EPT Grand Finale, but I think my focus will be more on trying to get a seat to the ME of the WSOP instead. So with that said, we'll see where it goes - don't intend to pay $370 for a return flight, so if it drops below $300 I think I will definitely make it a go. Here is the tentative schedule for April 12 - 14 if I go.

Sunday April 12 - 4pm $530 HORSE at Venetian
Monday April 13 - 12noon $340 NLHE at Caesar's
Tuesday April 14 - 12noon $550 6max NLHE at Caesar's

Obviously if I make a decent score early in the SCOOP, I'll definitely book this trip, but I guess we'll wait and see whether this happens or not!

No comments: