Friday, March 6, 2009

Odds and Ends

Haven't really played at all this week, even though I've gained a few hours a day due to my screwed up sleeping schedule. I'll probably play a crap load of the SCOOP Events coming up in L and some in M...don't foresee myself buying into too many M directly but will definitely put some hours into some satellites. Things will be really picking up the next 2 weeks, so I'll probably these 2 weeks off and just get back to it when most of the busy things calm down after the 22nd of this month.

In a previous post when I mentioned coaching, I think I'm going to be putting that on hold for now until at least mid to end of April. I'll hopefully get a bunch of hand histories from playing the SCOOP and work off those. After the SCOOP series I'll probably place my focus in trying to win a seat to the WSOP ME in one way or another.

I've watched a few videos off StoxPoker since I recently picked up a membership, and I think I've found a few leaks in my game already that will probably allow me to lower variance and increase my win-rate in those turbo SnGs. Also considering picking up SnG Wizard and run that along with HEM, but I'm not entirely sure if that will be an overkill considering my volume isn't even that high.

Last but not least, but I think I'll be going to Vegas from April 28 to May 2 with some of my non-poker friends. That is still tentative, but I'm definitely going somewhere that one week where it bridges from the winter term to the fall term. My friends are leaning towards Vegas, so I'll probably spend those days doing non-poker related things with them that I haven't had a chance to do myself (Grand Canyon, more shows, etc). If things don't work out with them, I have found some flights back to Hong Kong for $800~, so that is also an option where I'll leave a bit earlier (like April 25 or something) and stay there for 2 weeks. Possibly make a short trip to Thailand or somewhere for a few days in between. After my last trip back to Hong Kong, I think that place is definitely more of a place I will visit for a week or so, but probably not be able to spend an extended period of time in.

No comments: