Friday, February 6, 2009

First Grinding Day of 2009

Finally got back in the swing of things today putting in my first decent session of MTT in. I didn't play too many as I didn't want to have too late of a late, so I just ended up playing 4 MTTs (1 Limit Hold'em and 3 NL HE)and had a few cash games going on at the side. MTT yielded a whopping 0 for 4, with 2 of the 4 busted relatively close to the bubble. It was quite a disappointing night as I had 2x average stack in all 4 tournaments after the first break in the middle stages, yet busting in all of them short of the money.

Obviously was bitten by the variance bug losing a couple of 2 and 3 outers, but I had my fair share as well. Here is one hand that I KNOW right now I played it wrong on the river, other than that I felt I played pretty well but just have nothing to show for it.

Blinds 250/500 a60 Hero 15K~, villain 18K~. Table has been relatively tight with most hands ending preflop with a raise. I just moved table so don't have any history except for the 3 orbits, villain didn't play a hand,
I raised to 1250 in MP with 89o. Villain defends the BB.
Flop Ac 8h 9c
Villain checks, I bet 2250 and villain insta-calls
Turn Ah
Villain insta-checks, I bet 4200, villain insta-calls
River 10x
Villain leads for 3600...I call

(I chose the worse option between raise/call/fold)

I'll probably put in a few hours tomorrow evening and play a few more MTTs, and will be taking both Saturday and Sunday off due to snowboarding on Saturday and varsity hockey as well as intramural games.


As far as sports betting goes...
76ers decides to win by 5 and not 6 to cost me the game, while Edmonton won as I predicted with Anaheim losing to Nashville.

Took a look at the basketball but at first glance nothing really caught my eye, if anything changes I'll post again in the morning. My picks for NHL is below.

Montreal Canadiens @ Buffalo Sabres o5.5 -120
New Jersey Devils @ Atlanta Thrashers u5.5 -104
New York Rangers +125 @ Dallas Stars

No comments: