Friday, February 20, 2009

Back to the Grind

Ever since PokerStars had their 25% reload bonus, I maxed out the bonus and finally got some money back on to Stars. Been grinding out some SNGs the last couple of days, occasionally mixing in some MTTs.

Played a $16.50 and $11R at 10 on Stars tonight, and I felt I played well as a whole. Was down to 2.5BB in the $16.50 at one point and managed to come back and made it to the final 18 before busting in a questionable hand.

Same thing with the $11R. Was cruising along with a pretty comfortable stack until I stacked off relatively light. I still find myself making some bone-head moves once in awhile and pulling a "Matusow blow up"...either not clearing thinking a hand through, or simply thinking a play will work when it won't majority of the time.

Although the sample size is really small, I've found myself being able to chip up more often in MTTs than before, so its an area of my game that I feel like I've been improving. Will have to continue to monitor my progress.

SNGs been going well...put in about 50 thus far and I'm up about 15BIs, hopefully sustain it throughout and maybe even try to get in to the Battle of the Planets - its been a long time since I've gotten in (first and only time was the very first week they ran that promo).

Other than that, going to take it easy this weekend with a birthday party tomorrow, volleyball all day Saturday, and more sports on Sunday. Back at the grind on Monday.

No comments: