Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 3 - July 3rd Part 2

Went back to the room to grab actyper, and met up with another guy from 2+2, and made our way down to the Golden Nugget. Obv it was the first time I was downtown, and by the looks of it I will probably hang around the strip for the rest of my trip. Saw adanthar at the buffet line, and formally put some screennames to faces. The buffet was alright, but nothing to write home about. After the buffet, we proceeded downstairs to "The Grand" where they had private tables setup for us. I ended up at a table with 4_2_it (Joe - aka the guy who set this all up), and a bunch other guys. We played 2/4 drunk limit where between myself and Joe (the LAGtards at the table), for the first hour or so of Omaha8, Double-flop omaha, double flop hold'em, whatever we were playing, it would be 3 bet blind after it gets by us. Bought in for $300 and ended up cashing out for $200. With the amount of booze I drank, it was definitely cheaper than going out to a club/bar and buying alcohol.

Briefly played with David Sklansky, Dan Harrington and Ray Zee at one point or another during the night. Ray Zee called me a nit before even sitting down and Sklansky folded the eventual winning hand in double flop omaha. Montel Williams popped by the Nugget and started a $500 SnG...I would've played but didn't carry too much cash on me so I stuck with donking around the 2/4 table. Decided to leave the Nugget at around midnight, and hooked up with another 2p2er while waiting for a cab. While actyper went home, Greg and I went over to a new strip club that he recommended to check it out. Nothing special really and it was off the strip a bit, very small compared to Sapphire and it seemed pretty empty where it appeared that dancers outnumbered clients...wasn't there for long before heading back to Mandalay Bay for the night

No comments: