Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 3 - July 3rd Part 1

One problem with trying to write a trip report a few days after the actual day, is that you will probably forget some things you did if it wasn't poker related. The writing of this blog post probably will span a couple of hours while I attempt to piece together that event of the day.

Actyper woke up pretty early and headed out to play Day 1 of the Main Event. I wished him luck on his way out and quickly fell back to sleep. I was supposed to play in the Caesar's Mega Stack, but I remember waking up late and was too late for late registration by the time I arrived at Caesar's Palace. I wandered around the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace for some time, and had my first of many gelatos of this trip. With my gelato in hand, I wander through the shops, and as actyper predicted, Pete Rose was again signing autographs at the sports memorabilia shop inside.

Once I got bored of wandering (I had no intentions to buy anything big this trip as I have no luggage space), I decided to head to the Rio to check out the festivities that is Day 1A of the WSOP Main Event - and at the same time to see what the Gaming Life Expo (GLE) is all about. The GLE was a disappointment IMO, with the exception of the 2p2 booth which stoodout, and at the same time was very professional without the aid of models in short shorts and tank tops. I strolled through the expo and preceeded into the Amazon room. Barry Greenstein was playing at one of the tables by the rail, and there were about 20 railbirds at various point watching him play. Scotty Nguyen was playing at the ESPN feature table, so I decided to sit in the audience for a bit. A mid-late 20s female railbird joined me in the stands and she was definitely not a physically unattractive individual by any mean either. We talked for awhile and found out she was here with a couple of friends who are playing in the ME but couldn't locate them so she decided to just sit and watch Scotty for awhile. I ended up watching for about half an hour before deciding that watching was too boring so I went back to Mandalay Bay and shot craps for awhile before the evening 2+2 gathering.

More on the 2+2 gathering in the next post.

No comments: