Monday, June 16, 2008

Epic Failure x2

Played both the Poker Stars 200 Main Event Seat Guaranteed satellite as well as the Full Tilt Poker 150 Main Event Seat Guaranteed satellite and donked out of them both. Probably misplayed a hand on Stars when I had AJss and played it super passively on a KsQs6x board, and then just lost a flip with AK > JJ. On Full Tilt, couldn't get anything going as I was just card dead, and anytime I tried raising light, I was forced to fold after continuation betting the flop and getting played back at when I miss, or simply can't make a play at a coordinated flop with several players in. I will probably do a short review of hands again soon as I gear up for Vegas in 2 weeks.

I didn't plan to play yesterday originally (not due to Father's Day as our family tends to celebrate these days a day or two in advance to avoid the crowd), but Sunday freed up last minute due to the weather in Toronto, so I was able to lose a few hundred dollars playing donkaments. I will probably look into playing the satellites on PokerRoom as well not week as per actyper's advice regarding the softness of their satellites. At this rate, I'll go broke trying to satellite into the Main Event before I even get a chance to go to Vegas.

Speaking of actyper - congrats on winning your Main Event package this past weekend.

No comments: