Monday, November 30, 2009

A decent come back

After my rant/tilt post last night, my Sunday started out pretty bad. Had a late start in both the Sunday 1/4 million, and the Turbo Takedown. Nothing interesting to speak of in those tourneys, just busted out by losing a flip surviving for less than an hour in both. So that means I've probably played 5-6 turbo takedowns by now and haven't cashed in a single one. Let see how long I can keep this streak going for.

Next up was the Sunday Million, and I pretty much bubbled every single multi-seat satellite I played in for that, and by the end of it, I probably spent enough on satellites to buy-in directly. As a result of my bad play, I obviously decided not to buy-in directly and play some micro/small MTTs to kill time. Basically I was 0-fer in cashes by the time the PokerStars Dream Job tourney came up.

I lasted about as long as it would take to eat dinner, basically flatting a mid-PP, and reading the EP's raiser c-bet as weak on a low flop (c'mon, he lead out with 2x pot) and I shoved, obv. running into a bigger pair (QQ). So after busting that, I was pretty much set on not playing for the rest of the night.

Lo-and-behold, SirWatts decide to make the final table of the PokerStars $200+15 rebuy tourney. And since we never know how long he'll last, I didn't wanna get caught playing a MTT nor start a cash game and have to leave. Which meant it was an excuse to start dipping into FTP's super turbo SnGs again. Contrary to the last couple of nights, I managed to have a good winning session, and of course laying a few bad beats along the way. So while I grinded to turn a couple of hundred in profits, SirWatts obviously decides to show me up by winning his tourney for $37K - congrats man!

So no, I didn't win the Dream Job promo (that would've been sick) but erasing the losses from the past couple of nights and being able to get back in the black is obviously a good sign.

No comments: