Sunday, November 29, 2009

Actually feeling tilted

This is the first time in a LOOONG time I've actually felt a little tilted. I guess the last time I remember it happening was while I was in Las Vegas last Nov with a bunch of guys from Canada's Poker Forum and losing a 500x big blind pot to a guy that hit runner runner full house to beat my flopped flush (all-in on the flop when I flopped it, he had overpair without the suit on board).

Back tonight, recently I received a bonus offer from Full Tilt Poker for $500, and obviously poker players can't turn down free money. So I asked Pinhead to ship me some moneys on Full Tilt so I can grind away at this bonus. While I enjoy Full Tilt's cash game, I really like their Super Turbo tourneys where you start with 300 chips, blinds 15/30 and each level is 3 minutes long. I know the structure is a crap-shoot, but after awhile, you are actually able to label some players and exploit their style. This structure also allowed tons of volumn, but obviously has HUGE variance. I've had mixed results but was still turning in a positive ROI in about 200 that I've played up until tonight.

Tonight came around, and I couldn't get anything going. I've always believed that running bad isn't just about losing the consecutive coin-flips, or losing while in a domination situation, but running bad also consists of no one having a hand when you have a big hand, or having a big hand but running into bigger hands, etc etc. And tonight was just one of those nights. Not only was I losing the 70/30, 60/40, 50/50, but I was simply getting slapped around by deck. Having AA in the BB while everyone folds, shoving AJ in the SB and running into AQ on the BB in a BvB battle. It was just frustrating - and by the time I got to type this blog entry, I honestly felt a slight bit of tilt setting in.

I really hate for my blog to become rants about bad beats and running bad - and I honestly thought I have been able to remove any emotional attachment to the results of this game, but I guess I still got some work to do.

On the bright side, Poker Stars is running a Dream Job promotions tomorrow (Sunday) at 7pm that I have been looking forward to for awhile. As of this writing, there is 226 players registered, meaning the overlay is at a whopping $100K right now. Obviously I expect a high number of last minute entrants, but this tourney will still have an overlay and hopefully I have saved my run-good for this tourney as it would be pretty awesome to win it.

Anyways, hopefully the next blog entry wouldn't be as negative as this one and the previous one!

No comments: