Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Close by No Cigar

Had another deep run in the $33R tonight, but it was not meant to be. Went into the final table 2nd in chips, and was able to chip up some more until we were down to 7 players. First I lost a flip with 66 < AK < A3 when A3 moved in UTG as a short stacked, I raised on top with 66 on the button and AK called all in from the SB. Obv. an A had to come on the turn to keep AK around, otherwise I would have had about 1/2 the chips in play with 5 players left. Very next hand, CO raised 3xbb (I cover), I shove and he snap-calls about 25 BB with KJss. Of course he flops KKx and my AQ goes up in flames.

Was down to about 24K~ with blinds at 4k/8k. Managed to double through a couple of times, AQ > 99, Q9 > 10-7 to get back to average stack. Last hand shoved K7 in the SB with about 15bb and ran into BB's A9.

Very disappointed to not have done anymore in this tournament, all of these players were really bad IMO. A couple here way too tight, and a couple calls way too wide. I guess that's how it goes sometimes.

No comments: