Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Last Few Frustrating Days

The past few days haven't exactly gone well. Mixing in a bit of $0.50/$1, $1/$2 6max PLO, a game which I don't proclaim to be a good player in, but also a game that I know I'm +ev in. Also continued grinding the $12 180 man turbos and that hasn't gone well either. So right now, I'll probably be taking the next week or off more due to other things being busy. Between softball, Rogers Cup Tennis, and other things mixed in there, my next week to 10 days will be pretty packed. I might be able to sneak in a couple of short sessions here or there, but it won't be anything major.

Other than that, if you hate whiners/bad beat stories, you can stop reading. I'm just going to rant a tad in the next couple of paragraphs...(also allows me to actually have my thoughts recorded in case I decide to come back and read this or something in the future)

With PLO, I'm definitely not a great player at that game, but with that said, I believe at the level I play, I'm definitely a favourite at any random 6 handed table. It's been quite frustrated the last few days, as I've had numerous occasions where I've had the opponent move most (if not all) of his chips in drawing thin (a rarity in Omaha) and they somehow outdraws me. A couple of examples would be my top set + nut flush draw vs. his naked OESD + overpair. I got the villain to move his stack in when he was drawing to 5 outs and of course hits his straight on the river. Another one was when I had double suited AA78 against a complete LAGtard on the button, who held KK78 1 suit. I flopped a flush draw and no other draws available, and he hits his 1 K that would make him a set (but not my flush) and takes down a 250BB~ pot.

I've been learning more about PLO in general just by reading forums, and it's pretty frustrated knowing that my game is improving but the results isn't there.

It's been the case with the $12 180 man turbos. I've consistently been able to get to the final 36/27 with an average chip stack (which at this point M is at like 6 for average stack). Those times are essential push/fold situation, and I've had countless times where I lose the crucial 60/40, 50/50, or even 70/30. Of course, I understand the whole variance, but it's just pretty frustrating when it keeps occurring over a span of 8-12 tables.

Here's me hoping to get the "run bad" out of the way before WCOOP rolls around in less than a month.

No comments: