Friday, August 7, 2009

First "real" Session of the Month

With exams over, I was finally able to get back to the virtual felt again. I've played a couple of really short sessions earlier this month, each maybe an hour or so in length - enough to bust a few of the $12 180 man turbos.

Back to tonight, I am just wrapping up my session now, which pretty much went as well as it could. Played for approximately 3 hours and between that time, I managed to only register for 4 tournaments, cashing in 2, and making about 3 buy-ins playing $0.50/$1.00 6 max PLO.

With tournaments, I signed up for 3 consecutive $12 180 man turbos, and signed up for the 11:40pm $27.50 turbo tournament as a late-registration. In the $27.50, I've ran pretty well lately, finishing in the top 100 at least 2-3 times in the last 5 that I've played. Unfortunately being the turbo tourney that it is, I simply couldn't win a crucial race at the end and busted out of today's at 38th place or something for essentially a 3x buy-in cash. Still waiting for the elusive big score since the WSOP, hopefully I will be able to put a few more decent sessions in the next little while.

...alright...this just in - what a roller coaster ride this tourney is. I busted out in 2 of the 3 $12 turbos middle of the pack, and had 1 left where I was sitting about 4th in chips when we got in the money. With about 28K in chips, blinds at 1K/2K with 200 ante, pretty much a shove/fold game - and this hand basically involved me open-shoving with 99 in MP, with both the button and SB (I barely covered the SB at this point) waking up with JJ and KK. Now...after a couple of double-ups, I'm essentially back to my original stack before losing the 99 hand. Will post a final update after I win this thing.

Final update: Busted 8th when QJ couldn't beat J10 for most of my stack, and had 70% of my stack in the BB with 83 and couldn't beat 66. Pretty much a nothing session, up a tad but nothing to talk about. It was good to get back to playing a bit again though. Still hoping to get a seat into APPT Macau, but the window of opportunity is getting smaller...

No comments: