Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grinding out on Tilt

This past week has been the most volume I've put in for quite awhile, between playing a couple of SCOOP events, as well as grinding out on Full Tilt. Main reason I dumped money back on FTP was because they offered me a $300 bonus, and as any poker player can tell you, you can't turn down free money.

Been grinding it out on 6max tables, mainly 0.50/1 and 1/2 no limit. I've tried experimenting a few things, including balance my ranges, making certain plays I wouldn't make normally make. It probably helps that I've been on quite a heater since I reloaded, but I feel like I've learned quite a bit about myself and the game grinding out the way I did. Still can't say I'm remotely a good player, but I think I've been able to find and try to plug a couple of leaks that I have when playing moderately deep.

Didn't really experience too bad of a downswing this whole week cash game wise until today, which was inevitable because the style I was playing is a very volatile and high variance style of play. I find that despite my image becomes much of a LAGtard, I find that new players with little/no history against me starts to fold too much, and those with history starts to become station that calls to wide. In any case, will need to get alot more hands in before I can evaluate further, but thus far I'm generally happy with the results.

Other than that, rest of the month will consist of grinding out the iron man on FTP, probably play more on Stars as well and try to hit gold star this month, and then I'll be off to Vegas in a week and a half.

No comments: