Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Frustrating Session

Just returned from Brantford, and it was basically another frustrating session. So if you are keeping track, this is my second straight losing session at Brantford after going 20+ straight winning sessions over the past 2 years - so I really have no right to complain. Tonight was a different type of frustration compared to last session - tonight was more of the "how hard can you get screwed by the deck except not by bad beats"...illustration:

1. On my BB with A2, we have a blind raiser/straddler UTG. 5 callers including myself, and flops A2x - obviously the blind raiser has AA.

2. I cold-call a raise OTB with 98hh after a EP raiser and 3 callers. Flop A98 - got 2 bets in on the flop, 2 on turn, and 1 on river from 2 other players. Obviously they had A9 and A8

My last name of the night at 10/20 - LAGtard who has probably dropped close to $1K who just won a pot with 92dd on a AdK10d 10 8d board decides to wake up with KK when I have QQ....

And then there are other hands where it was essentially the deck not hitting in my favour.

1. 3 bet a LP raiser with AQ, lead flop, turn, check river and loses to 88.

2. Capped pre-flop with AK, and doesn't win race with QQ

3. Missing OESD/flush draws, OESD straight + flush draws

Just wasn't my night. Here is me hoping that I'm saving my good karma/cards/luck for Vegas - speaking of which I should get around to book my flight.

Next poker games - probably just grinding out FPPs on Stars, and trying to satellite into the PCA. Just got a reload bonus of FTP, so will probably play some PLO there as well.

Probably heading down to Buffalo on Friday with a couple of 2p2 guys for a hockey game, so will probably squeeze in a bit of poker/craps at Fallsview before the game.

No comments: